36º 17´24″ N, 5º 16´10″ W Canal 9 VHF +34 956 790 000

Tienda Náutica

Solicitar Atraque

Living in Spain


Living in Spain

Residency and visas

You must register as a Spanish resident if you want to stay in Spain for more than 3 months. You will get a green A4 certificate or credit card-sized piece of paper from Extranjeria or the police.

Residency when the UK leaves the EU

If the UK leaves the EU with a deal, any UK national arriving in Spain before 31 December 2020 will be able to register as resident in Spain under the current rules and will have their right to residence in Spain protected for as long as they remain living here.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, any UK national residing in Spain before the date the UK leaves will be considered legally resident for a period of 21 months, irrespective of whether they currently hold a residency document.

In some parts of Spain UK nationals are currently unable to register as a resident as appointments are not available. If you don’t yet have a residence certificate, the advice on the Moncloa website is to make sure you have proof you were living here before we leave the EU (eg padrón registration or utility bills), and to keep checking the online appointment system for new appointments.

After the UK leaves the EU, in any scenario, you will need to change your registration document for a new card. For more information you can:

UK nationals arriving in Spain after the UK leaves the EU will have to meet the requirements of the general immigration regime. We will provide further information on this in due course.

If you are planning to move to Spain you may want to check the entry requirements.

See more

  • 22 Apr, 2019

Share This Story